Side Entry Mixing System
Category: Side Entry Petroleum Mixing System
Our BSER side entry mixer drive combines with our Forward Rake Advanced Pitch Propeller that creates a collimated flow for optimal BS&W (bottom, sediment and water) control, faster blending and energy efficiency.
- RUGGED TRANSMISSION: High-torque toothed belt drives provide long and trouble-free mixer operation.
- DURABLE MOTOR MOUNT: Rigid motor mounting provides better reliability and extended drive belt life.
- CARTRIDGE MECHANICAL SEAL: For ease of field replacement.
- UNIQUE SHUT-OFF DEVICE: Positive locking, corrosion resistant, stainless steel metal-to-metal tapered seat faces ensures ZERO leakage environmental spill risk and provides a safer work area for staff. No need to empty tank for routine maintenance. Our shutoff is rated for extended periods of time – only one shutoff method is ever required.
- SWIVEL ANGLE OPTION: 60° rotation of mixer ensures the tank floor is scoured to effectively prevent BS&W build-ups. The swivel ball is sealed with a hydraulic ball seal for ZERO leakage.
- STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT: This one piece design eliminates corrosion and maintains the integrity of the tank shutoff device.
- SUPERIOR PROPELLER DESIGN: The Forward Rake Propeller utilizes the latest technology in propeller design. The patented geometry creates a stronger collimated flow across the tank to produce up to a 40% improvement in efficiency.
- MOTOR OPTIONS: IEC/NEMA Frames, Arctic Duty, Explosion Proof, Chemical Duty, Tropical Duty, UL, CUL or CSA Motors, IEEE 841, ATEX.
- RAPID AND ECONOMIC MAINTENANCE: Deep groove ball bearings mounted on sleeves protect the shaft from damage during operation and maintenance. These bearings have a minimum L-10 bearing life of 60,000 hours.
- FIXED ANGLE DESIGN: The BSER is also available in fixed angle configurations for blending applications.
- AUTOMATIC SWIVEL OPTION: Allows the mixer to be automatically adjusted to desired angles without manual adjustment.
Petroleum Storage Tanks for Refining, Pipelines and Storage.
Philadelphia Mixing Solutions Ltd. has more than 60 years of experience designing side entry agitators, mixers and other products for the oil and gas industry. Our systems are the result of extensive research and represent a continual drive to make side entry agitators that are more effective, more reliable and more efficient. Our side entry tank mixers are optimized for use in petroleum, refinery, transportation and storage terminals. Read on to learn more or contact a Philadelphia Mixing Solutions representative for assistance with our side entry agitators.
Why Effective Mixing Matters
In aboveground storage tanks, maintaining consistent, predictable flow patterns is key to preventing leaks and ensuring fuel or other products stored within resist spoiling. To this end, Philadelphia Mixing Solutions’ side entry mixers serve a number of important purposes:
- Basic sediment and water prevention: Side entry mixers prevent BS&W by constantly sweeping across the tank floor to prevent particulate build-up and ensure more thorough homogenisation of sediment and water molecules.
- Blending: Side entry mixers are used in storage tanks containing two or more components that require continual blending to stay consistent.
- Homogeneity: By promoting bottom-to-top-to-bottom turnover, storage tank side entry mixers help maintain a uniform specification of homogeneity for refinery finished or intermediate products, as well as chemical plant feed stocks.
- Temperature uniformity: Side entry agitators can be positioned next to heating elements in a storage tank to aid in heat transfer and promote greater temperature uniformity.
- Crude oil enhancement: Side entry mixers can be used in crude oil storage tanks where agitation is necessary to reach a certain specification for gravity, sulphur content, viscosity or other characteristics.
Interested in a custom mixer quote, specific to your application and mixing process? Please visit:
Philadelphia Mixing Solutions produces several types of side entry agitator designs to help you achieve your site goals. We offer both fixed and swivel angle products that employ patented propeller technology to improve efficiency and flow. If we don’t currently manufacture a mixer that meets your requirements, we can custom engineer a design from the ground up.
We back up all of our side entry tank mixers with ongoing training and customer support to help you manage risk and respond to incidents when they occur. To learn more about what we can do for you or request more information about any of our side entry mixers, contact Philadelphia Mixing Solutions today.
Interested in our BSER sizing tool to obtain a quote quickly through our eCommerce platform? Complete the following information to receive an emailed link to our solution!