March 24, 2020
Dear valued customer and partner,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to escalate around the world, we want to assure you that the safety of our employees, community, customers, and partners from all over the globe is our primary concern.
Many of our customers and partners operate in the following “life sustaining” business segments and provide essential services vital to everyday life: pharmaceutical, chemical, fertilizer, pesticides, oil and gas extraction, mining, food products, paper products, plastics, utilities (power generation, and water and sewage), etc.
For this reason, Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, Ltd. is considered a life sustaining business, in both the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Harris County (Houston), Texas*. Functioning critical infrastructure is imperative during the COVID-19 emergency for both public health and safety as well as community well-being.
Our global corporate response team is continuously monitoring the situation and over the past days, we have received a growing number of questions about any countermeasures PMSL is putting in place to ensure continued availability of our global products and aftermarket service network. Below you will find a summary of our policies which are in effect until further notice.
- We have cancelled all non-essential business travel until at least the end of April for all our employees, wherever they reside.
- Unless deemed critical to our business or that of our customer, all meetings will be held via teleconference or video conference.
- Any exception to the above policies must be approved by an executive of Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, Ltd. before travel and meeting arrangements are made. For those instances, all
personal hygiene suggestions from the WHO and the CDC, such as no shaking hands, washing of hands, wiping down surfaces, etc. must be followed.
- We are continuing to monitor our supply chain to make sure we don’t experience any disruptions, through weekly open order reports/virtual daily interaction.
- All PMSL locations have instituted a remote working environment for application engineers, product engineers, process engineers, project management and all professional support
- Our production employees have been moved to a split schedule with designated small teams to limit interaction while still meeting customer commitments.
- Our inspection and repair facilities will continue to operate at 100% split between our Palmyra, PA and Houston, TX service centers. RMAs can be automatically requested and issued on our
Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, Ltd. and our subsidiaries Mixing Solutions Ltd., and Philadelphia Mixing Solutions Asia Pvt. Ltd., have committed to providing a clean, healthy and safe working environment in our facilities worldwide. As an essential service provider, we will ensure continued availability of our global products and aftermarket service network.
We do not anticipate that any of these actions will negatively impact our customer commitments or projects. You can reach your usual PMSL contact during standard business hours via phone or email.
For further information on our COVID-19 contingency plans, feel free to contact email@example.com.
We thank you for your understanding and wish you and your family continued good health during this time.
*PMSL meets the requirements for Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf’s list of life-sustaining businesses as well as Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s essential business list as defined in the federal government’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.